Hello everyone!!! Welcome back to our weekly blog. In Week 17 HJ we were introduced to something called “The Hero’s Journey”. Here, we touched lightly upon what the Hero’s Journey was AND how we all at some point in our lives actually commence on our own “Hero’s Journey”.
Well this week we are going to take a look at the Person who coined the phrase “Hero Journey”. His life and some of the books that he authored.
The Hero’s of all time have already gone before us. Campbell states: We do not have to risk our “call our adventure” alone!
One of Campbell’s many quotes is “Follow Your Bliss”
Myths offer us clues and guides us, BUT it doesn’t tell us what we should be thinking! This is where we become “Self Directed Thinkers”.
So…you may be asking, ok, DTM. How do we follow our bliss?”
Everyone of us at some point in our lives, feels like there just has to be something that was the start of your own personal journey.
We start our journey in finding our bliss and becoming self directed by these simple steps.
- We must find the time in our noisy, busy lives to be silent. By being silent, we are able to hear what our hearts desire truly is. Our bliss, we must do this daily. The more we sit still and are silent, the clearer we will hear our hearts true desire.
- Once we know what it is that our heart is telling us, we just have our own personal HJ.
- This is where we take off that mask that we have been wearing all this time. We stop modeling our behavior after other proper roles and the status quo. We must have be/love belief in our selves and their statuses.
- Once we know what is that our heart is telling us, we must have the courage to embrace on our own personal journey.
- Once we know what it is that our heart is telling us we must have the courage to embark on our own personal HJ.
This is were we take off that mask that we have been wearing all this time. We stop modeling our behaviour on the other peoples roles and the status quo. We must have belief in ourselves and that of our journey.
Once you start on your path, you will have a mentor’s help, along the way, but eventually you and only you can go through your dragons by yourself.
Now, before you do this, you will have all the necessary tools and knowledge to accomplish this.
Upon returning home, you will have found your true authentic self. You will live life with purpose and on purpose.
Finding your bliss is like having it all!!
SHINE ON !!!
DTM & JTW